However, when you click the taskbar to get an application, you cannot find the taskbar. Try the 8 described in the post…
You are watching: How to fix the taskbar
“My taskbar suddenly disappeared and I can’t find a start button either . What can I do to get the taskbar back?”
The taskbar is an integral part of the Windows 10 desktop. It contains the Start menu, Cortana search icon, all currently open programs, notification area, date and time, etc.
Sometimes you may find that the taskbar has disappeared on a Windows 10 computer. What is causing this problem? How to get back to the taskbar?
To fix the taskbar disappeared issue, we offer you 8 ways.
What causes the Windows 10 taskbar to disappear?< /h2>
There are a few possible reasons that can cause the Windows 10 taskbar to disappear. Let’s take a look first.
Reason 1. The Windows taskbar may have auto-hidden and disappeared from the computer desktop.
Reason 2. File Explorer may be having problems or crashed.
Reason 3. Your computer’s screen resolution setting is outside of the computer’s original screen size.
8 Ways to Recover Lost Taskbar in Windows 10
You can try the following 8 ways to restore taskbar disappeared in Windows 10.
Way 1. Check taskbar settings to disable auto-hide
If If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, it should appear when you move the mouse pointer over the taskbar area on the desktop. When the error occurs, the taskbar will not show up even if you move the mouse pointer to the right place. You can try disabling auto-hide in settings. Read below to know how.
Step 1. Open Taskbar Settings window
Usually, you can right-click Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings to to access it. Since the taskbar is missing from your Windows 10 computer, you can now only access it from the Control Panel.
Since you also don’t have the Start menu icon, you can press Windows + R to bring up the Run window to open. Then type Control Panel and press Enter to open it.
Then you can click Appearance and Personalization in Control Panel and click Taskbar and Navigation to bring up the Taskbar Settings window.
Note: You can also press Windows + I to open Windows Settings and click Personalization. Then click Taskbar on the left pane to open the taskbar setting window.
Step 2. Disable auto-hide
Then you can check how to set the taskbar setting. If it is set as auto-hide, you should set the option to Off.
If this option is in the Off state, you should check the other Check out ways to fix the missing taskbar issue.
Way 2. Determine a reasonable display resolution
The larger the computer monitor, the higher the supported resolution. However, whether you can increase the screen resolution of your computer depends on the size of your computer monitor and the type of graphics card. When the screen resolution is the same as the monitor size, you usually get the best viewing experience. Changing your screen resolution to larger or smaller than the monitor size looks weird.
If you have ever adjusted the display resolution, it can cause the Windows 10 taskbar to show an error. You can change the computer display resolution to a suitable resolution. Then check if the taskbar reappears. Read on to learn how to adjust the computer screen resolution.
Step 1. Open the display settings
Since the taskbar and Start button are not visible on your Windows 10 computer, you can access the display settings window in the following two ways.
- You can right-click the blank space of the computer desktop and select Display Settings to open it.
- You can also press Windows + I to open Windows Settings and click System. Then click Display in the left pane to access Resolution Settings.
Step 2. Change the display resolution
You can scroll down the right window to find the resolution and select a suitable screen resolution for your computer. Then check if the taskbar is visible in Windows 10.
Way 3. Change the project setting to PC screen only
If If you have ever connected the computer to an external display, you may encounter the taskbar disappearing issue. You can simultaneously press Windows + P keys on the keyboard to open Project and make sure you select the PC screen only option.
Way 4. Disable tablet mode to fix missing taskbar on Windows 10
If you have enabled tablet mode on your Windows 10 computer, the taskbar may not appear on the desktop. You can try to disable tablet mode and check if it fixes the missing taskbar error.
Step 1. You can press Windows + I to open Windows Settings. Click System.
Step 2. Then you can click Tablet mode in the left column and make sure that tablet mode is disabled on a desktop computer.
Way 5. Restart File Explorer
The explorer.exe app controls the desktop and taskbar. If the explorer application is having problems, it can cause the taskbar to be missing and Windows 10 desktop icons to be missing. You can restart Explorer.exe to fix Windows 10 taskbar disappeared issue.
Step 1 Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to open Task Manager. Click Processes tab.
Step 2. Locate Windows Explorer in the list and right click on it to select Restart to restart Explorer.exe.
Alternatively, you can click File and then click Run new task. Type explorer.exe in the text box and click OK. This will also restart the explorer process.
Then you can check if the taskbar is visible on your Windows 10 computer.
Way 6. Update Graphics, Graphics Card Driver
Hardware driver incompatibility may cause the Windows taskbar to disappear. You can update the drivers in your computer like graphics card drivers, graphics card drivers, etc. Read on to know how to update drivers.
Step 1. You need to open Device Manager in Windows 10. You can press Windows + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open it.
Step 2. In the Device Manager window, you can expand each device category , right-click each device and select Update driver software to update the driver.
Way 7. Run an antivirus scan
In case your computer is infected with malware or virus which may be responsible for the taskbar disappeared in Windows 10, it is recommended to run an antivirus scan on your computer.
Way 8. Fix it Fix corrupted system files with SFC
If your computer’s system files are corrupted, this can also lead to en that your computer is running abnormally and the taskbar error occurs in Windows 10.
You can use the Windows built-in tool SFC (System File Checker) to search and repair corrupted system files on your computer.
Step 1. To use the SFC command line tool, you need to first open the command prompt in Windows 10. You can press Windows + R, type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run Command Prompt as administrator.
Step 2. Next, you can type command line sfc /scannow in Command Prompt window and press Enter Press to start scanning and repairing corrupted system files on your Windows 10 computer.
If nothing helps to fix the taskbar disappeared issue in Windows 10, you can restore, reset, or reinstall the Windows 10 operating system. However, before performing these data-damaging operations, please back up important data and files with professional free PC data backup software like MiniTool ShadowMaker first.
Troubleshoot disappeared taskbar after entering Google browser
Some of you may have the strange problem when you open Google Chrome browser, the Windows taskbar disappears. But the taskbar is fine when you open other applications. This may be due to Chrome browsers. You can try some measures to fix the taskbar disappeared on Chrome.
- Try restarting your Windows 10 computer.
- When Chrome covers the taskbar in Windows 10, you can press the F11 key to exit Windows full screen mode because the taskbar is hidden in full screen mode.
- Try resetting Chrome settings. To do this, in Chrome, you can click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and click Settings to open the Chrome settings window. Then you can scroll down to click Advanced. Under the title of Reset and clean, click Reset settings to their original default values.
- You can also follow way 5 above to restart Explorer.exe.
- Update Google Chrome browser.
- Uninstall unknown or suspicious Chrome extensions.
- You can open an incognito window from Chrome to safely surf online, especially on a public Internet connection. To do this, you can click the three-dot icon and New Incognito Window
- Uninstall and reinstall Chrome Browser.
The best data recovery software for Windows 10 – MiniTool Power Data Recovery
If you find that data loss happened after the missing taskbar, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery – the best data recovery software for Windows 10/8/7 – use to recover lost data or deleted files easily.
Click to read more: https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/windows-10-disappearing-taskbar.html
See more information related to the topic How to repair the taskbar
How to Fix Icons Not Showing on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Author: MJ Tube
- Post date: 2019-07-10
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 5480 ratings )
- Match search results: Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing
MissingIcons TaskbarIcons Windows10
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MeMJTube
Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/mj1111983
Website : http://www.bsocialshine.com
How to Fix an Unresponsive Windows 11 Taskbar
- Author: www.maketecheasier.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 8468 ratings )
- Match search results: The Windows 11 taskbar is a downgrade from Windows 10 and prone to issues. This guide shows you how to fix an unresponsive taskbar in Windows 11
How To Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working
- Author: helpdeskgeek.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 5506 ratings )
- Match search results: Windows 10 taskbar not working is one of the common issues you can encounter while using your Windows computer. When it occurs, you’ll find that your taskbar just stops responding to your actions.
Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working? Fix It With These Solutions
- Author: techpp.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 2804 ratings )
- Match search results: Is your Windows 10 taskbar not working? Check out these solutions to fix common issues like taskbar freezing or auto-hiding on your Windows 10 computer.
How To Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working In Windows 11
- Author: worldlinks.edu.vn
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 1019 ratings )
- Match search results: Is your Windows 10 taskbar not responding? Here are fixes for common issues, like the taskbar freezing or not auto-hiding, Is your Windows 10 taskbar not working? Microsoft gave the humble taskbar new tricks in Windows 10
Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working – How To Fix (Ultimate Solution)
- Author: www.minitool.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 7740 ratings )
- Match search results: If you find your Windows 10 taskbar is not working, please don’t panic since I have useful methods to help.
How to fix Windows 10 taskbar not working?
- Author: www.techworm.net
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 6506 ratings )
- Match search results: Here is How to fix if your windows 10 taskbar is not working or broken. 7 ultimate way to fix the taskbar if it is not resposnding.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips