Snipping Tool holds the crown of the best screenshot tool for the Windows operating system, and with good reason. It is the most efficient
You are watching: How to Fix Snipping Tool Windows 11
Snipping Tool holds the crown of the best screenshot tool for the Windows operating system , And for a good reason. It’s efficient, the lightest of all the alternatives that exist, it occupies very little storage space and doesn’t clog up RAM.
However, the Snipping Tool isn’t perfect, as it comes along with a series of glitches and problems that cause great inconveniences cause. It may malfunction or sometimes crash or freeze, leaving users in a state of frustration.
Here we have collected some ways to to fix and finally solve the snipping tool not working error in Windows 11.
1. Reset the snipping tool or fix it
It is inevitable that a bug from time to time can cause your programs or system files to malfunction. However, with Windows 11, it’s now easier than ever to repair programs.
With these few steps, you can repair an app without any additional third-party software easily fix and repair:
- Open Windows search by clicking the search icon in the taskbar.
- Write Crop Tool.< /li>
- Right-click Apply Crop Tool and select Application Settings.
- Scroll down reboot and click on the Repair option. The system is trying to repair the software.
- If repairing the app doesn’t fix the problem, try resetting the app by clicking Restart. Note, however, that you will lose all your app data by doing this.
2. Disable focus assist
Focus Assist is a fantastic Windows feature that filters out all the unwanted notifications so you can get more done. However, in some useful applications, such as B. the Snipping Tool, cause problems by preventing them from starting.
You can disable Focus Assist so that it does not block the Snipping Tool :
- Go to Settings > Systems > Focus Assist.
- In the Focus Assist, select the Priority Only option and click on the Priority List Customize.
- Here, in the Applications section, click on Add an app. Find the Snipping Tool from the application list and close the window.
- Try opening the Snipping Tool and see if it works now.
- Find the Microsoft Store< /span> pinned to the Windows 11 taskbar and open it.
- Find cut and draw.
- Click on the Get button, which will prompt you to install the application.
- Once the app is installed, you can use Snip & Use Sketch by selecting Open.
- press Win + R. to launch the Run dialog box.
- Write msconfig search.< /li>
- In the System Configuration dialog box, go to the Servicespanel.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services check box and then click Disable All button.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager
- Right-click each third-party program one by one and Disable them.
- Click OK in the System Preferences box.
- Restart your computer.
- Navigate to Time and Language > Date and time.
- Turn off the Set time automaticallyoption a off.
- Now press Change This will allow you to reset the value manually. You can choose any date before 30. October 2021, There is no need to change the time though.
- Hopefully this would have fixed the issues you were facing with the Snipping Tool Set the time automaticallyfor En when your app is working smoothly again.
- Open Settings> File Explorer.
- Go to the system drive partition (C:).
- Then open the windows.alt folder followed by system32 binder.
- Here you will find SnippingTool.exe. Double-click this file to launch and use the classic snipping tool in Windows 11 as well.
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R. on your keyboard.
- Type Regeditarianin the search box and press Enter.
- This will prompt you to open a User Account Control window asking for permission to continue and make changes to make any changes to your device. Select yes and the registry editor will appear.
- In the registry editor, scroll down until you see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE& follow the path SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft.
- Locate the Tablet key. If it’s not there, right click on it Microsoft, choose New> Password, and name it tablet.
- Right click on this newly created key TabletPersonal Computer > new > DWORD (32-bit) value and rename to Disable crop tool.
- Double-clickDisableSnippingTooland make sure Value Datais set to with Hexadecimaloption also selected.
- Close the registry editor and try to find and open the Snipping Tool. These steps have restarted and launched the app, so you can successfully take screenshots on your Windows 11.
3. Use the Crop and Draw Tool
The Snipping Tool has been updated with the new Snip & replaced Microsoft’s Sketch tool, and as a result, the former stopped working on many PCs. The easiest solution is to use a different method of capturing screenshots, or manually switch to the more advanced Snip & Update Sketch tool. To do this:
You can also read our detailed guide on how to get started with Snip & Sketch.
4. Perform a clean boot
Another reason why the Snipping Tool is not working is Interference from other third-party applications or programs, especially your antivirus software. A clean boot can help you with this issue and get the screenshot tool up and running in no time.
In order to perform a clean boot, you must disable all third-party services and programs. For this:
After disabling all these third party services:
5. Disable automatic time
Some users Zers identified the move to Windows 11 as the root cause of the snipping tool issues. They fixed this bug in the latest version of Windows, but later further testing found that the app would work fine on devices if the Microsoft Store was not set to automatically update programs, suggesting that the problem was on certificates.
To fix the issue and keep taking screenshots, you can try these steps:
- < li> Open Settings Application
6. Use the classic snipping tool h2>
If none of the above methods work and you just want to use the Snipping Tool in Windows 11 without going back to Windows 10, follow the steps below to use the classic Snipping Tool in Windows 10.
7. Use Regedit< /h2>
The Snipping Tool is installed and enabled by default in the Windows 11 operating system, but the software restriction policy prevents some users from using it, or in some cases prevents them from seeing the app in File Explorer. p>
If you are also facing similar issues and are completely confused as to what to do next, as a last resort, here is what you can do:
Capture screenshots on Windows faster
There is no doubt that Windows Snipping Tool is a pretty useful application for capturing screenshots on your laptops and PCs; however, it is not the only way. Now you have more flexibility (and speed) to capture your screen using various Windows hotkeys that you probably didn’t even know you had at your disposal. Check out these screenshot shortcuts and get the most out of your Windows experience.
See more information related to the topic How to Repair Snipping Tool Windows 11
Windows 11: Take Screenshot with NEW Snipping Tool
- Author: Pureinfotech
- Post date: 2021-08-13
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 7302 ratings )
- Match search results: Learn how to use the Snipping Tool app on Windows 11 to take a screenshot of windows, fullscreen, or rectangles. The tutorial also shows you how to change the Snipping Tool settings, and how to set the Print Screen key to screenshot an image instead of using the Windows key + Shift + S keyboard shortcut. More info ➤ https://pureinfotech.com/take-screenshot-snipping-tool-windows-11/
Table of contents:
00:28 Take a screenshot on Windows 11
01:29 Edit Snipping Tool capture
02:44 Fullscreen screenshot
03:04 Rectangle screenshot
03:25 Free form screenshot
03:50 Snipping Tool settings
05:05 Enable Print key Snipping Tool
PRODUCTS IN THIS VIDEO (affiliate links):
Camtasia (screen recording) ➤ https://fave.co/2NrJ73y
VMware Workstation Pro (VMS) ➤ https://fave.co/2OEZn1V
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core ➤ https://amzn.to/3sEI3ZA
Microphone Blue Yeti USB ➤ https://amzn.to/382hGoy
Aokeo AK-36 Microphone Stand ➤ https://amzn.to/380Aepl
Follow on Twitter ➤ https://twitter.com/@Pureinfotech
Subscribe Here ➤ https://www.youtube.com/user/Pureinfotech
Top 7 Ways to Fix Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11
- Author: www.guidingtech.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 4591 ratings )
- Match search results: Is the Snipping Tool not working on your Windows 11 PC? Try out these troubleshooting tricks to fix Snipping Tool issues on Windows.
How to restore old Snipping Tool in Windows 11
- Author: www.thewindowsclub.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 5045 ratings )
- Match search results: If you want to restore the Windows 10 classic old Snipping Tool in Windows 11, you can follow the instructions outlined in this post.
The Ultimate News Platform
- Author: bluzz.org
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 5070 ratings )
- Match search results: Bluzz is the most complete online newsreader and the same time an ultimate digital magazine that relies on your interests to curate the day’s biggest headlines.Also at Bluzz readers can explore what the world is searching.Just enter a search term or a topic and search the web through world’s most popular search engines social media websites,video portals,ecommerce platforms,best deal websites and more.The goal of Bluzz is to give you the absolute best news sources for any topic! Our topics are carefully curated and constantly updated as we know the web moves fast so we try to as well.
How to Fix Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11
- Author: btoktiktok.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 4257 ratings )
- Match search results: How to Fix Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11 https://ift.tt/uxsYqNj The Snipping Tool holds the crown for the best screenshot tool for Windows OS, and for good reason. It’s efficient, the lightest of all existing alternatives, takes up very little disc space, and doesn’t clog your RAM. However, the Snipping Tool isn’t perfect as…
How to Fix Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11
- Author: www.makeuseof.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 8397 ratings )
- Match search results: The Snipping tool is an excellent screenshotting tool, but sometimes it has issues starting up on WIndows 11.
How to fix the Snipping Tool on Windows 11.
- Author: www.downloadsource.net
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 2321 ratings )
- Match search results: Learn how to fix the issue that is preventing the Snipping Tool on Windows 11 from launching or working correctly once it has launched. ✅
See more articles in this category: Computer tips